I found a great deal on frozen shrimp the other day at Aldi. It was $4.99 for 12oz (53-68 shrimp) frozen and deveined. After my shopping trip, I had a bunch of shrimp with no place to go. So, I got to searching for recipes. I found this one at food.com and it ended up being a winner.
Buttery Shrimp and Pasta
8 ounces pasta , cooked and drained (I like the tri-colored spirals)
¼ cup butter
1 ½ lbs shrimp , peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 cups half-and-half
¼ cup fresh basil, minced or 1 teaspoon dried basil
¼ cup parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes , optional
1. Have pasta ready.
2. In lg skillet, heat butter; add shrimp and garlic.
3. Saute 4 minutes, remove shrimp from skillet.
4. Add half and half.
5. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Add shrimp, basil, cheese, pepper and pepper flakes.
7. Pour sauce into a bowl; add pasta and toss well.
If you find the sauce too thin, you can add flour little by little and stir until it reaches desired thickness.
Super easy and yummy! Sure to make a weeknight treat!