Going anywhere with the kids can become a very…ahem…heavy task. If you have kids then you know I’m speaking aside from carrying the kids themselves. There are diapers, bottles, sippy cups, and the stuffed bear who might as well be legally required for your child to cooperate. You’ve been there and are currently living that. So with everything, including the kitchen sink, how are you suppose to bring your reading material too? (Yes, I know you read whenever you have that slight moment of peace.) The answer to that question is the NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight and Staples has it!
So what is the NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight you ask? Well, according to the Staples website it is:
First and Only Reader designed for perfect bedtime reading with the breakthrough technology which creates a soft glow optimized for low light reading. NOOK’s GlowLight turns on instantly and adjusts with just a touch. Simply slide your finger to customize the brightness and enjoy perfect illumination – from a bright gleam to a soft glow – evenly dispersed across your screen.
- 6″ E-Ink® touchscreen at a resolution 600 x 800 and 16-level Gray Scale
- Most advanced E Ink® display with clear, crisp text – even in bright sun
- Under 7 ounces, this is the lightest NOOK ever
- Over 2.5 million books, magazines and newspapers and if thats not enough, NOOK lets you borrow books in the universally accepted ePub format – so you can borrow and read eBooks from your local library!
- NOOK connects via thousands of Wi-Fi® 802.11b/g/n networks, including FREE access at all Barnes & Noble stores and more than 24,000 AT&T® hotspots
- Connect with friends and share recommendations about the books you love on Facebook and Twitter, or swap books with LendMe® technology
- 2GB holds up to 1000 books
- With 2GB of space and 32GB w/ microSD card expandable memory, your library has virtually no limits
- Get handpicked recommendations on what to read next and personalize your reading experience by adding your own screensaver and bookshelves
- Read for over 1 month on a single charge with GlowLight on and 2 months with it off
- Dimensions 6.5″ H x 5.0″ W x .47″ D, 6.95 oz
- 1 year limited manufacturers warranty
You should also take note that it is the World’s #1 Reader.
I had a chance to check out this baby and I absolutely loved it! Look at the size of it! That off the bat is what captured me. It is small enough to fit right inside your purse! Can you fit a 1000 books into your purse? I think not! I mean, not that you’d be looking to take 1000 books with you especially with kids in tow, but it’s nice to know you have the variety available if you need it.
While I loved the size, I had to admit it did concern me at first. How could something this small (fits in the palm of my hand) have good resolution? I’m already blind as a bat, would I be able to read the words? Well, as soon as I turned it on, those concerns went out the window. Look at that resolution! Outstanding! That’s the most advanced E Ink® display at work right there. So advanced that you can still read, even at the playground on a sunny day! You can even change the font and the font size too! Brilliant!
I’m guessing that when you first heard about 50 Shades of Grey you wanted to read it right then and there. Well, if you had the NOOK, the handy dandy wi-fi would’ve allowed you to get it right then and there. I know, hindsight is always 20/20.
So what’s so great about about the GlowLight? Well, you’ll be thankful for it the next time you’re hiding in the closet eating your candy bar. The GlowLight gives you the right amount of back lighting to be able to read in dimly lit places or dark closets. I know, I know. It’s like it was invented with us moms in mind.
Also, if you didn’t catch it in the description, it’s worth mentioning that if you’re not wanting to make a further investment in your books, the NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight also lets you borrow books in the universally accepted ePub format! That means that you can borrow and read eBooks from your local library! Pretty sweet, huh?
So all in all I really loved the NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight. It’s awesome to carry along when I take the kids to the “jumpy place”, the playground or baseball practice. Now I just wish I had more time to read. I guess there’s always the closet!
In the spirit of full disclosure, posts may/may not include affiliate links, which means that I may get a commissions if you decide to purchase anything from the company(ies) mentioned. I only recommend products & systems that I use and love myself, so I know you’ll be in good hands.
I also received a NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight for review purposes from Staples.
Receipt of this did not sway my opinion