I don’t know about y’all, but my family and I really don’t go to the movies at all anymore. The last time we went, it was just so outrageously expensive! Nevermind buying concessions, just getting the movie ticket itself is pricey. Even if you go in the afternoon! My husband and I have developed quite a system of having movie date nights after Brody has gone to bed. I was stoked to find out about Seagate’s FreeAgent Theater + HD. It has brought new light to our movie nights!
Before I had a chance to review this, my husband had our tv hooked to a computer that served as a network. We don’t have a DVD player so we just watched the movies through the computer. While it was better $ wise than going to the theater, it sucked quality wise. The Seagate FreeAgent Theater + HD was sooooo much better! The quality (high definition baby!) and the capabilities of this bad boy is amazing! I can’t tell you how much I love this thing!
The FreeAgent Theater+ HD Media Player makes it easy to move, view and play your digital media files. And because it works with just about every format available, you can enjoy all of your entertainment on your TV—from Flip videos to photos to DVDs—regardless of resolution.
* Accesses and plays content from your computer to a tv and directly from your digital camera, flash drive or external drives via two included USB ports
* Connects to your PC or Mac computer, network and the Internet via Ethernet or wirelessly with the optional Wi-Fi Adapter
* Lets you watch streaming media directly from the Internet, your computer and your USB devices
* Delivers all the content that’s included with your DVDs, including menus, commentator tracks and subtitles
* Makes navigating and managing your digital media files easy with the included remote control and intuitive on-screen menus
* Creates exciting slideshows with your own music track for sharing with friends and family
I really love the web browsing feature! You can access videos on YouTube, access pictures on Flickr, and so much more!
The FreeAgent Theater+HD is super simple to use too! All you have to do is connect the base to your tv. Then, you hook the Seagate hard drive to your computer to upload your videos and pictures. Once you’re done, you simply slide the hard drive into the base and wallah! You just browse and play with your remote! If you don’t want to upload the content to your hard drive, you can use the wireless capabilities (optional) of the base and browse your networked computers for content. Simply select and play. You don’t need any special degree to be able to operate it. It is very user friendly!
My favorite part about the FreeAgent Theater+HD is the portability! If you can transport a DVD case you can transport this! The FreeAgent Theater+HD is small and very lightweight! On one hard drive you can carry tons of videos and pictures! This is great for when you’re going to someone else’s house! Say the kids need cartoons or you’re having a girls night. Simply just upload your content and bring it with you!
The Seagate FreeAgent Theater+HD base is about $150. You will need the Seagate Portable Hard Drive as well which starts at $90. Assuming the average family of 4 sees 6 movies a year at $40 just on tickets…the Seagate FreeAgent Theater+HD would be paid for in the first year just by savings. I would definitely recommend it!
(Seagate Portable Hard Drive)
After initial entry you make take advantage of the following for Extra Entries. You may (Leave a comment for each action):
*Become a Fan on Facebook
* Stumble my blog via the “share” button at the bottom of this post (Leave a comment saying you did so with Stumble user name)
* Subscribe to My Email Feed (leave a comment saying you did)
* Add this Giveaway to a Mr. Linky, Blog Carnival, Sweepstakes site, forum etc. (Leave the link) (1 entry per submission)
* Grab My Button and place on your blog (leave a comment with blog address)
*Enter another one of my giveaways and leave a comment telling me which one
* Follow me on Twitter (@copperbrickroad) (leave a comment with your Twitter name)
* ReTweet this contest on Twitter (@copperbrickroad)(Once per day)
**Make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry to maximize chances of winning.**
One winner will be selected randomly using Random.org. Contest ends 1/4 at 11:59pm
There was no monetary compensation received for this review.
I received the Seagate FreeAgent Theater+HD and a portable hard drive for the sake of completing this review.
Receipt of this did not sway my opinion.