As I mentioned in the video, so many people don’t recycle their cans and bottles. According to the US Recycling Institute, more than 80% of bottles in the US do not get recycled and end up in landfills. Also, an estimated 4.7 million tons of greenhouse gas emissions were produced in the process of replacing the 134 billion bottles and cans not recycled in 2005.
Using your own Home Carbonation System means:
- Less packaging waste from cans and bottles.
- Less pollution caused by transport of bottled beverages.
One Soda-Club carbonator makes 60 or even 130 liters, which is the same as 180 to 330 cans of beverage! As I mentioned in the video, once the CO2 canister is empty, all you do is return it to have it re-filled and then you’re ready to go again!
If you’re looking for great tasting soda, but on a low sugar or no sugar diet plan, just cutting back on carbs or concerned about calories, Sodastream is for you. Sodastream 0ffers over 25 delicious regular, diet and caffeine-free sodamix.
The regular sodamix flavors contain less sugar, calories, carbohydrates and sodium than national drink brands. Regular flavors are sweetened with a combination of sugar and Splenda® brand sweetener. Diet sodamix flavors contain no sugar, no aspartame and are sweetened with Splenda® brand sweetener.
Calories Carbs Sugar Sodium Caffeine
|Sodastream Lemon Lime||36||9g||9g||25mg||0mg|
For more comparisons click here
Sodastream even has all-natural, unsweetened flavor essences for making refreshing, lightly flavored sparkling water. MyWater flavor essences are available in Orange and Lemon-Lime – just like squeezing a wedge of citrus into your seltzer.
I love all of the flavors! Yes, I have and made and drank a liter of each. I prefer Splenda over aspartame. You may not have thought about it, but these liter containers make it super easy to take these to work with you. It gives you variety throughout the week.
This Fountain Jet model of the SodaStream demonstrated in the video costs $89 and the individual flavor containers cost $4.99. If you opt for the flavored seltzer water, the cost per liter is only $0.20. If you opt for the flavored sodas, the cost is only $0.57 per liter (before s/h)
It just keeps getting cooler as you read huh? Well, here are some great facts that help the environment!
- No bottles or cans to recycle or throw away
- Saves thousands of containers for a family of four in a year
- Carbonating bottles last for three years
- Highly concentrated sodamix minimizes packaging
- No batteries or electricity
- Reduces energy used to manufacture bottles and cans
- Reduces gas and pollution from shipping packaged beverages
- Eliminates pollution from batteries
So as you can see, it’s an even bigger money saver because it uses no power or batteries! Can you see why I love this so?! It is so easy for anyone to use! Since getting the SodaStream we haven’t purchased any soda from the store. Because the flavor canisters are so small, you can have several on hand at a time. Which means, if you are having a craving for a certain flavor you don’t have to run to the store, just grab the flavor from the cabinet and take the 10 seconds to make it. There ya go, you just saved some gas! Anything that you need for your SodaStream is purchased straight from the website. It’s very easy! The SodaStream is super awesome and should be a part of your kitchen!
SodaStream has been kind enough to give one of my lucky readers (only located in the continental US) the Fountain Jet starter set like in my video. Want to win!? Here’s how!
After initial entry you make take advantage of the following for Extra Entries. You may (Leave a comment for each action):
- Follow My Blog
- Stumble my blog via the “share” button at the bottom of this post (Leave a comment saying you did so with Stumble user name)
- Subscribe to My Email Feed (leave a comment saying you did)
- Add this Giveaway to a Mr. Linky, Blog Carnival, Sweepstakes site, forum etc. (Leave the link) (1 entry per submission)
- Grab My Button and place on your blog (leave a comment with blog address)
- Follow me on Twitter (copperbrickroad) (leave a comment with your Twitter name)
- ReTweet this contest on Twitter (@copperbrickroad)(Once per day)
This contest starts today and will end on 6/21 at 11:59pm EST
I received a SodaStream system w a variety of flavor syrups for the sake of completing this review. Receipt of these did not sway my opinion.